YY's Little O.L. Notes

Monday, September 18, 2006

A Decade Review

Few days ago, I suddenly realised that it has been 10 years since I started my first job. After my "A" Level and before going to University, I found a clerical job in a local bank. The pay was low, even at that period of them. My main job was to count all the cheques, which were sent in from the branches, manually! Obviously, it was a no brain job with very low pay. At that time, I never thought that I would ended up with what I'm doing now. I wasn't even sure of my future. Bank jobs where hot at that time, so I thought I should have a career in the banking sector. I never know that that was the only bank job I had.

As the pay was so lousy, I job hopped after 2 months to work as account assistant in an MNC. Now, ten years later, my pay is ten times higher than what I got for my first job. I wonder what will my pay like ten years from now, but it's quite hard to get another ten times increment (assume normal inflation rate of 2%-5% per annum) in my income for the next ten years. Annual income in millions? I would have to really be a high flyer to have that kind of pay :P

1 comment(s):

be satisfied with what you are getting and so no need to care too much abt how much increment you are getting? short of ending up starving on the street of cos...

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:54 PM  

Post a comment

<< Home