YY's Little O.L. Notes

Monday, June 19, 2006

Suspecious Company & Stupid ACRA System

My boss is interested in a product manufactured by a Singapore pharma company and asks me contact it to see if they are interested in having business with us. I've got the registered information of the company from SFDA webiste and the product packaging.

The official information with PRC government looks suspecious:
(1) the telephone number is only 7-digit (ok, I added a 6 in front), I called but nobody answered.
(2) it is a HDB address. It is nothing wrong running a business in a HDB flat, but it is a drug manufacturer! According to the PRC law, it should provide the address of the place that the drugs are manufactured. Don't tell me that they produce the drug at home?
(3) supecious address. No postal code, only XX Telok Blangah #2X-XX. Can anyone telle me if Telok Blangah HDB has more than 20 storeys? Is it Telok Blangah Dr? or Telok Blangah Cres? or Telok Blangah Height?

So, the best way is to check out the information with Singapore ACRA. I requested business profile of this company online, PAID through visa, and waited, and waited, and waited, I still do not have information on the company after 1.5 hrs! What kind of computer system is that? Everytime I click to check the status, it only shows "
The system is currently processing the transaction. Please try again later." @#$*%*#$%(!!

Can't believe it! What kind of system is it that takes more than 1.5 hrs to process information? I do company search in Hong Kong I get the information immediately after I pay for it! #@$(&%#$)%!!!!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home