YY's Little O.L. Notes

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Pig's Buggy Oatmeal vs My Rice Weevils

I never know that finding bugs in oatmeal can be such a horrible experience until I've read Pig's blog. This reminds me of something similar I encountered a few months ago.

My house was empty when I came back from a 2-week business trip and my parents were away then. I usually cook my own dinner during weekend when I'm alone. When I opened the rice container in the kitchen, I found a big colony of weevils living inside. Weevils are not uncommon in rice but it was the first time I saw so many of them. As I was hungry and there's nothing else to eat, I scooped a tin of rice (together with the weevils) into my rice cooker pot. I ran the tape to fill water. The little bugs were swimming on the surface, together with those rice that was empty from inside. I poured away the buggy water and washed the rice for a few times. I tried to pick out those rice that were bitten by the weevils and I realise that after a long 15 mins, I only left with half tin of rice. It doesn't really bother me except that I had to spend so much time getting rid of "most" of the weevils, which I still find them inside my cooked rice when I was eating my dinner...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home